Monday 21 August 2017

Monday 21 August - Haren

Where's Bertie? He's exactly where he was yesterday, in the Stellplatz on the bank of the River Ems in Haren.

Only a few paces into my run this morning I discovered that where we are parked is not only on the riverside, but also next to the entrance to the Haren-Rütenbrock-Kanal - a fact we failed to notice yesterday having walked from the Stellplatz in the opposite direction. We took a short walk up that canal later in the morning.


Even with my lack of German I could understand the graphic on this sign. Google Translate tells me that the slogan 'Entenbrot ist ententod' means 'Duck bread is duck death'. Quite right too!

Post elevenses, a second stroll was had. This time to Lidl to buy some sushi for lunch. Finding a short-dated family pack with 30% off, we pigged out. Well tasty!


The post lunch stroll (which was going to investigate the far bank of the river) didn't happen. I got distracted crocheting outside in the sunshine, during which time one of a number of huge barges, each toting a car on the back, went by. I would have got a much better snap if I'd stood up, but my lap was covered in crocheting stuff at the time.


Later, as I cooked tea, a much smaller vessel went by and caught my attention:

Full of dressed mannequins. A mobile market stall?

And that's about it. As you may gather, we're not doing much at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment