Saturday 25 November 2017

Saturday 25 November - Ribadesella

Where's Bertie? He's still at the Aire at Ribadesella.
Weather: Rain until early afternoon, then overcast with a few light showers.

When I checked today's forecast just before bed last night, it had improved considerably, from rain all day to just rain overnight, with sunny intervals all day. Pah! The reality was that it rained continuously all morning.

To Mick's surprise, I sprang decisively out of bed by mid-morning, donned my shorts and a waterproof top and took myself off down the hill for a run. To my surprise, when I got back, Mick was ready to go himself.

We thought that might be the extent of our exercise for the day, but when the rain finally abated this afternoon, we went on a mission to find some squash (as in pumpkin, not as in a dilutable drink). I didn't mention yesterday, but the town lies over the rise of a hill from us and whilst that hill is by no means big, the road that runs down it is remarkably steep.

I think I mentioned a few days ago that I've just started crocheting together my complete set of 126 granny squares into a blanket. I'd not got very far into that before I started to think that maybe I'd not picked up enough of the yarn I'm using for the joining. Last night I established that after two columns, I've used 52g of yarn. There are nine columns in total, and I only brought 200g of that yarn with me. Darn it!
(Talking of darning it, my darning needle is crucial to the construction of the blanket, as there is a lot of darning in of yarn ends to do, so it felt like near-disaster tonight when I accidentally flung that needle across Bertie and thought that I'd lost it behind one of the seats. With great relief I found it on the floor next to the seat, but it has highlighted that I really need to pack more than one darning needle.)

And, ummmmm, even with all that whittering about yarning and darning, there's nothing else to add about today. Definitely a quiet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment