Monday 20 August 2018

Monday 20 August - Harelbeke

Where's Bertie? For the fourth time this year, he's sitting at the Aire at Harelbeke. It's still €5 per night, including electricity, water and waste.
Weather: Overcast but warm. One very brief shower whilst we were driving.

My day started with a half marathon. Just over actually. I ran 13.2 miles along the Canal de Centre between Thieu and Mons, half of which was against the wind, which, fortunately, was blowing less than it was yesterday evening.

I was finished by quarter past nine, and it seemed to me that I had good justification for doing very little for the rest of the day. Thus far I've succeeded in that, although there's a little strollette, over to the nearby lake, on the cards for later this evening.

The only other exersion of the day was a quick grocery shop, to give us enough supplies to cobble together tonight's tea.

Oh, and a big spring clean of Bertie, seeking out as many dust traps as I could find and giving him a good vacuum too (as in, more thorough than my usual once or twice weekly whizz around with the Dyson). Even his underfloor lockers have been de-gritted (the migration of grit/sand/dirt into Bertie's interior is something to behold).

Oh, and I had to wash about six gallons of sweat and a few handfuls of concrete dust out of my running gear.

In fact, now that I think about it, I've not been as lazy as I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment