Monday 26 November 2018

Monday 26 November - Le Tréport

Where's Bertie? He's still at the Aire at Le Tréport.
Weather: Grey, damp and cool.

Contrarily, I have today done quite a bit and not a lot. That is to say that my day started with a 13.1-mile run, but other than that couple of hours, I've barely stirred out of doors.

It was grey and struggling to get light as I set out at half past eight, and grey and raining persistently when I swung past Bertie 45 minutes later. Knowing that my route would involve laps, Mick had anticipated my return and had my waterproof jacket out ready for me. Thus more suitably attired, off I went again.

A bit of a convoluted route, with three laps of the middle bit, although not all in the same direction.

As well as running three laps of the trails that follow the waterways surrounding Bertie (involving two descents of a steep and metal staircase and one ascent of a concrete staircase (after I realised there was an alternative to the bouncy metal one)), my route took me along the harbour and seafront. A couple of days ago I commented on the number of fishing boats in the harbour. This morning there were just three. I did, however, count 24 bobbing around not very far offshore:


Back at Bertie, I declared that there was no point in moving on. The greyness of the weather, combined with having had enough exercise to justify being lazy for the rest of the day, didn't make me feel inclined to go and explore anywhere new.

This afternoon, after being defeated by an absolute stinker of a crossword, it was with bad timing that we went out for a stroll, just as the rain, which had been largely absent for a few hours, returned. I still accompanied Mick for part of his Fitbit-appeasement outing, although not the entirety of it.

Incidentally, I noticed as I bought today's parking ticket that the two options are 'Min: 1 day, Max: 2 days'. It would thus appear that one is only supposed to stay here for two days. As no more than 15 of the 60 spaces have been taken at any point since we arrived, I don't think anyone is going to be bothered by our overstaying.

No comments:

Post a Comment