Sunday 11 November 2018

Sunday 11 November - Jumièges

Where's Bertie? He's still exactly where he was yesterday, at the Aire at Jumièges.
Weather: Overcast, a bit breezy, small amount of rain.

Jumièges sits in the bend of a large meander in the River Seine and this morning my run took me on a wider exploration of the enclosed area than we had covered during yesterdays ambling, following waymarks and navigating via Open Cycle Map as I went.


A lake past which I trotted

I'd been undecided on distance as I set out, but understandably Mick wanted to know whether he needed to worry about me after one hour or three, so I told him I'd be back in an hour no matter what. So I was, albeit only to tell him that I was continuing on for another couple of miles. I finally returned to Bertie just minutes before the rain came, although it amounted to much less than forecast.

There then ensued much inactivity. Mick and I are currently reading the same book* (the recently released next installment in the Shardlake series) and now I'm nearing the end I'm increasingly unwilling to put it down.

As Mick hadn't run this morning, he was in need of some exercise, so this afternoon I joined him for a strollette and some admiration of more of the local houses:


And, ummmm, that's pretty well it. A very quiet Sunday!

(* In case anyone's picturing us hunched together over the same hard-back tome, I should clarify that we are reading at our own paces on separate Kindle devices.)

No comments:

Post a Comment