Sunday 5 November 2017

Sunday 5 November - Cabárceno

Where's Bertie? He's still in the Aire at Cabárceno.
Weather: Incredibly heavy showers with some brief sunny periods.

We got awoken a couple of times in the night by rain hammering above our heads and when it continued to rain at regular intervals this morning we were quite happy to fritter away the first third of the day by lounging around reading.

Eventually, as noon approached, I declared that during the next dry spell, I was going out for a run. Alas, I did not time it well. I set out in the dry and I came back in the dry, but for the intervening period it rained. Heavily. A couple of times in a comedy-stair-rods way. I was glad I'd worn a waterproof jacket and short shorts (less fabric to need to get dry that way).

Mick met me at the door with a towel as I returned, and another few hours of sitting around ensued (incidentally, the dry period that started as I returned lasted longer than any other - that's the one during which I should have gone out!). By mid-afternoon I was thinking that another leg-stretch would be good, so up into the village we went to do a bit of elephant watching. I'm glad Mick picked up the big umbrella, as we returned in yet more comedy-stair-rods rain.

As I type this, Mick is out for a run ... and it has just started raining again. That'll be more wet stuff that needs drying then! Good job it's forecast nice tomorrow.

As I mentioned, there have been some odd bits of sun in between the showers, so we've managed a bit of solar gain to heat Bertie's interior and his battery has been topped up via the solar panel.

There's nowt else to say about today. It's been about as lazy a day as we can muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment