Tuesday 19 February 2019

Sunday & Monday 17-18 February - Pêra

Where's Bertie? He's still at the Aire at Pêra.
Weather: Overcast but dry yesterday. Decidedly wet today until lunchtime, then a few light showers.

On Saturday morning I ran the best part of 10 miles and returned without any twinge, niggle or ache. On Saturday afternoon we went for a walk and I returned again without any twinge, niggle or ache. On Saturday night I went to bed in the same state. It was thus a mystery to wake up on Sunday morning with a pulled muscle in my leg (inner thigh, so not somewhere I would expect to hurt by running or walking). After putting considerable thought into the subject, my best guess is that I did it when contorting myself to bring the outside door mat in (trying to reach it without stepping outside) last thing on Saturday night, in anticipation of rain that didn't come.

I did manage to go for a walk yesterday but today have decided that complete rest is required. Thus the entirety of my exercise today has been a couple of walks over to the facilities.

I left it to Mick to walk over to reception in the rain this morning to extend our stay (no point moving when the rain and my leg means we wouldn't be doing much today anyway). On a whim, he decided to treat us to a day of mains electricity too, which was a lovely thought, although it resulted in him taking another walk over there in the rain for a refund when he discovered that there wasn't a hook up point available within reach of Bertie.

The lack of mains power isn't a problem. Even on this heavily overcast and largely rainy day, Bertie's solar panel has captured enough sun to bring his leisure battery back up to 'full'.

Mick has been rather more active than me today, taking himself off to run a couple of laps of Saturday's circuit just before lunch. I have entertained myself with my book and with a new knitting experiment: a pair of gloves. The first one is far from perfect, but it fulfils all of the fundamental criteria for a glove:

No comments:

Post a Comment