Sunday 5 August 2018

Saturday 4 August - Riedlingen

Where's Bertie? He's still at the Stellplatz at Riedlingen, although he may not remain so.
Weather: cycling between clear skies, to quickly building thunder clouds and heavy showers, twice so far.

Another bad night. A gathering of yoofs in the car park and loud dance music until midnight. Then they moved slightly further away. At 5.20am a group of lads thought it would be fun to stand right behind the motorhome spaces and yell at the top of their lungs. We had already resolved by then that we wouldn't be staying here tonight and I had drafted a letter in my head telling the town council that it's no good installing motorhome facilities to encourage tourism if they also have such badly behaved residents. Funnily enough, both of our neighbours left first thing too.

Today:
- a failed run along the river for Mick (calf still not well);
- a walk along the river for me (running rest day):

- a walk out of town for bacon and egg McMuffins and some fizzy pop (yes, I am ashamed to admit this when there is such a selection of bakery/cafes in town; you know, I can't even remember the last time I drank pop);
- a visit to the fire fighting museum - it's a small private collection of fire fighting equipment and memorabilia and was worth a look:

- by way of redemption for our breakfast option, a visit to a local café to enjoy some cake in celebration of my achieving another year of life:

- arrival back at Bertie about 10 seconds after the next batch of rain arrived - given how heavy it turned out to be, this was good timing.

By the time we had done all of that we were feeling disinclined to move on. However, at 8pm cars started gathering again. They've just all screeched off, with much tooting of horns, but I reckon there's a fair chance they'll be back. So a decision needs to be made: should we stay or should we go.

(I'm having great difficulty adding photos to posts at the moment. I know I got the first two in this post transomed,  but it's too painful for me to put right.)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Gayle.
    I hope you get a quiet night. Perhaps the anaesthetic will help. Red, white, rosé, or all three?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Having not had an alcoholic drink since 2011, I didn't go for any of those options. Happily, moving 12km up the road did give us a gloriously peaceful night, so I didn't even need to rue the lack of earplugs in our packing list.

    ReplyDelete