Wednesday 13 May 2020

Wednesday 13 May - Random Witterings from Home #15

An exciting day today: Mick and I have been for a walk together! The last time we did that (or indeed went out in public anywhere together*) was on 16 March when we walked around the ramparts at Montreuil-sur-Mer.

Since then we have abided by the Government’s request that we only exercise once per day and have opted to do that separately (at the outset because it was easier to pass other people at a safe distance when alone, since then because I’ve been running and Mick, with a poorly achilles, has been walking). However, today was the day when Boris declared that he was happy for us to go out, for the purpose of exercise, as many times as we wanted. Thus, I ran this morning then was joined by Mick this afternoon for a turn through a local patch of forest. I’ve run on the road around the outside edge of the bit of forest in question countless times over the last eight weeks, but have been put off from straying onto its paths due to the knowledge of how overgrown and uneven they are (taken at a run I’d likely fall and possibly injure myself).

I’ve visited just about every pond in the area on various runs over the last two months, but felt this one was off limits due to the nature of the paths surrounding it.

The view I’ve been unaccustomed to seeing: Mick a few paces ahead of me!

Today is also the day on which the reason for my current running streak (standing at 53 days**) came to an end. I should probably, therefore, break the streak…

(*I suppose you could say we were out in public together on the 17 March, when we drove home from Montrueil-sur-Mer, but as we were in Bertie the whole time it feels like we were ‘at home’.

**minimum of 2.5 miles per day, longest 11.1 miles, average of 4.55 miles per day)

2 comments:

  1. What happened to No. 15 ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good question. Well spotted!

      A demonstration of the fact that I cannot keep count (same applies when I knit and crochet), although I am usually good at double checking my count afterwards, which I clearly failed to do here.

      I shall go and put it right before I post the (rightful) number 16.

      Delete