Thursday 26 October 2017

Friday 26 October - Laredo

Where's Bertie? I'm not sure whether I'd class his location as a car park or roadside. He's in a dead-end, non-residential side street in the town of Laredo that is entirely set out for car parking (exact location: 43.4149, -3.42815).
Weather: Wall-to-wall sunshine.

I wondered whether the crashing of waves so close to Bertie would disturb us last night, but on the contrary, an excellent night's kip was had all around.

Suitably refreshed, I leapt out of bed this morning (well, leapt after Mick had got up and made me a cup of tea and I had drunk it!) and took myself out for a run. It was all uphill on the outbound leg, with the bonus of being all downhill on the way back.

The air clarity was much better this morning:


Mick went out as I came back (although he ended up running a different road, due to a German Shepherd dog obstructing one of the roads I'd taken) and after showers and a late breakfast, it was time to move on.

We probably would have simply gone shopping then headed inland to the next Aire we've selected. However, the car park of the Lidl we visited wasn't suitable for staying for elevenses, and I was hungry (unsurprising, as it was gone noon; our trolley of goods did have a bit of a 'shopping when hungry' look about it). So, we drove just five minutes away, to this spot by the beach.

Whilst I put the kettle on, Mick walked the 50m to the beach and returned with the words 'How long can we stay here'? It is rather pleasant on a sunny day, and the beach is truly vast (5km long, apparently):


A walk was taken along the beachside promenade into town this afternoon, returning by paddling along the edge of the water.


Little Mick had a little rest on the way back

The two other motorhomes who have been here during the day have gone now, so as I type we have this entire street/car park to ourselves - quite a contrast to yesterday's heaving car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment