Thursday 3 June 2021

Snippets from May - Part 1

 1 May

The canal was like a millpond. So much more attractive than when it's choppy or when high water is giving it too much flow. 

2-7 May

The Coniston Trip, which got its own series of posts. Here's the most random photo from my camera reel from those days:

A photo of my feet. Why?!

 9 May

The ford was running high, which I'm sure can't be normal at this time of year:

Tracks were puddly:

Fields had been ploughed:

And I planted out the first batch of runner beans:

10 May

Is it possible to buy a set of levelling ramps that will fit in Erica's under-floor storage area? Having gone out to Erica to take measurements, but failed to take a pen and paper with me (and being too lazy to walk the few steps back to get those items), I employed the camera instead.


Answer: I've found some that will fit in the spaces under Erica's floor, but they're not wide enough for her tyres. 

11 May

More cross-country running. Of particular note here was the amount of yellow in the meadow, from the dandelions.

12 May

I've a whole set of videos from this day, but no still photos. Finally we got around to tinting Erica's windows, for which I've since posted a video.

13 May

A busy day! It started with an early (and slightly unenthusiastic) run across the estate, where I was taken aback to find the sea of yellow from 2 days ago to now be a sea of white, with the dandelion heads having gone to seed.  


Then came my second Covid jab. No idea why I got it only 6 weeks after my first, but who am I to argue?

Then we went into town! We browsed real shops! We bought things! In the circumstances, I argue that all of those exclamation marks are appropriate.

One of the purchases (although not requiring browsing as I'd already sent the shop the list of colours that I wanted and they had them ready for me)

Then we went home and did some more window tinting and videoing. 

Gosh, when was the last time we had that productive a day?!



No comments:

Post a Comment