Monday 31 January 2022

Monday 31 January - Salobreña

Where's Bertie? He daren't admit that he's still in Solabreña.
Weather: Wall-to-wall sunshine and very hazy. Not feeling like the forecast 22 degrees, particularly with the cooling breeze.

The itinerary is going well, isn't it? Two days after we were supposed to leave Motril for Almuñecar, we're still only 3.5km away in Solabreña.

Mick had his long run this morning, which at 33km took him a good while to complete. When he got back, I immediately needed to go out to the shop (I could have put together something for lunch, but supplies were low) and as Mick hadn't taken a key with him, I hadn't dared go out whilst he was also out, for fear that he would come back unexpectedly and find me absent.

By the time I'd got back and made us some lunch it was 1430 and it seemed more sensible to stay here another night than to move on, particularly as Mick was unlikely to want to do anything overly energetic for the rest of the day.

That said, we did manage a stroll along the seafront, with the side mission of looking for a tap (found quite a few, but they're all of the water fountain type, which isn't ideal for filling a bottle).

Getting back from that little outing, I Googled to check if the requirement to wear facemasks outdoors has been dropped, as in both my trip to the supermarket and the afternoon stroll I'd seen a grand total of two (out of many) people wearing masks. Alas, no. It seems that for whatever reason there's just a low level of adherence today. I'd had to run back to Bertie a couple of minutes after we left when I realised that we were not only walking down the street with naked faces, but didn't even have any coverings with us. Needn't have bothered, it seems!

And, that's it for today. Tomorrow we will move on, I promise!


These are the only photos taken today. On the left is our washroom door; on the right a sunshade. I mentioned in blog post quite a long while ago (I can't remember whether it was summer 2019 or January 2020) that the spring in our washroom door handle had broken. My temporary fix was to apply an external 'spring' by way of a piece of ribbon and two loops of elastic. It has worked admirably (which is why I've not been moved to effect a permanent fix), but every now and then the elastic perishes. It became apparent within a day of leaving home that the elastics we've had on there for the last year or so were completely shot and no longer performing their job even at the level of 'badly'. Thus this morning I dug out the shade I made some years ago for the side window and 'borrowed' a piece of elastic off it. It's not the elastic that's missing in this snap - that was the piece I already borrowed previously. Must get some more elastic and repair the window shade before we next need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment