Monday 30 January 2023

Saturday & Sunday - Canet d'en Berenguer

Where was Bertie? He broke our usual rules about how long it's reasonable to stay in one informal spot by spending another two nights at Canet d'en Berenguer.
Weather: Saturday: Sunny but cool. Sunday: overcast, some rain and not very warm.

Saturday 
My schedule had me doing a 35k run this weekend, and on Friday night I'd got my stuff together to do that on Saturday morning. By Saturday I'd thought better of it. The balancing act between doing enough, but not over-exerting myself when I've got a virus (Shingles) such that I make myself so poorly that I can't run the marathon.

A lazy start to the day was had instead until mid-morning when we headed out in search of a supermarket. Our drinking water supply was almost exhausted, and whilst public taps are common in Spain, Canet d'en Berenguer doesn't seem to have any. An 8l bottle for 85c, carried by Mick the 1km back to Bertie, plus a basketful of other groceries, would see us through.

We both went out for 15k-worth of exercise in the afternoon, but at different paces, with Mick still working out what run:walk ratio his Achilles can take. The promenades weren't quite as busy in the afternoon as they'd been in the morning, but eateries were heaving and there'd clearly been an influx of visitors for the weekend.

Sunday
An overcast day and cool enough that I went out for a jogette wearing a long sleeved base layer and a wind shirt. Not the weather we came to Spain for - moreover when it started to rain about 40 minutes in. Fortunately for me, I was passing Bertie at the time, so I called it a day. Mick was rather further away and got a bit wetter.

The rain didn't last long, but the temperature alone was enough to make us take a rain-check on our intended lunch out (we didn't want to eat inside a busy restaurant, nor to shiver on an outside table).

The perfect day, one might think, as we were going to be indoors, to do lots of work on the laptops, except the very weather condition that made it so also meant we didn't have enough solar power to do that. We still got a reasonable amount done, but at the expense of keeping Bertie's battery topped up.

Really must make more of an effort to take some photos. Looking at my camera reel, the only snaps I have are of my shingles rash and Bertie's LPG tank gauges (we're going through LPG faster than ever, running the heating morning and night), and I don't think anyone needs to see either of them.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see all is well, and thank you for the vetting assistance. Enjoy the sunshine (as we are in Timperley today).

    ReplyDelete