Monday 2 September 2024

If I'd known we were coming to Germany

I would have:
1) packed our guide book to Germany. I got it off the shelf when I was throwing stuff in a pile pre-trip, but decided it was unnecessary weight as Germany wasn't on the list of contenders for this trip.
2) left the bike in Bertie's boot, but on the basis of touring west France/Ireland/Northern Spain, I decided it wouldn't be used enough (if at all) to warrant carrying it. Finding ourselves in Germany, with so much cycling infrastructure, it would have been good to have had that means of transport with us.
3) loaded maps of Germany onto my watch. I got a new watch a few months ago and it didn't come pre-loaded with maps. In choosing which maps to put on it, I decided that as there was no chance we were going to find ourselves in Germany this year, I could just load the Western Europe package. I commented at the time that I just needed to remember to load extra maps before we next travelled to Germany. Ha! So, I find myself navigating my runs by just following a red line on my watch face. It's much easier when you can see all the other roads/tracks/paths too.

No comments:

Post a Comment