Thursday 5 July 2018

Thursday 5 July - Schluchsee

Where's Bertie? He's exactly where he was last night, in the car park on the SW side of the lake at Schluchsee.
Weather: Rain until 2 or 3pm, then increasingly fine.

Heavy rain, drumming noisily on the roof, disturbed us at around 3.30 this morning. It did eventually slow down to a more normal pitter-patter, but I'm blaming the disturbance for not waking until 9.30. If there's going to be an accidental lie-in, today was certainly the weather for it! Alas, it was also the weather to scupper our planned pedalo outing on the lake.

The rain continued all morning, but at noon I finally changed out of pyjamas and into running gear. Then I had a dither and checked the weather forecast in the hope that it would dry up this afternoon. No such news was forthcoming, so out I went and 4.5 miles later I was really quite wet.


When we passed this point on yesterday afternoon's stroll, finishing touches were just being put on the scaffolding on the building plot. I said that there would be a house there in two days time. When I ran past the first time this lunchtime (it was a 2-lap run), the ground floor was up, complete with doors and windows. When I ran past the second time, a tarp had been erected over the top to keep the rain out.

Such were my intentions for the rest of the day that, on returning to Bertie, I put pyjamas back on. Then the rain stopped and Mick needed to get a little exercise, so we nipped out for another circuit ... except that a short way in I decided that the sky was looking ominous and I didn't want to have another set of wet clothes and shoes to get dry today, so I turned back. As it went, the rain didn't return, so instead of returning 'home', I walked back and forth, up and down the road/forest track off which Bertie is parked, until eventually I met Mick on his way back.

Gosh, it's all exciting action at the moment, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment