Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tuesday 18 June - Bad Waldsee

Where's Bertie? He's still at the Stellplatz in Bad Waldsee.
Weather: Another lovely sunny day.


Looking down on the Stellplatz from route TK1

Not much to report today.

It had been our intention to leave the pay-Stellplatz when our ticket expired and install ourselves at the free customer Stellplatz at the Hymer workshop, ready for our appointment tomorrow. But the surroundings are pleasant where we are, the parking spaces are huge and it's acceptable to get the chairs out. So, when our ticket expired, we bought another one.

There has been a little bit of activity (6 miles worth in my case). Behind the Stellplatz are some meadows and woodland that are criss-crossed with paths. I think I've walked every one of them during today's three outings, including marked routes TK1 and TK2. Mick joined me for the pre-lunch stroll.


Looking across a meadow from this morning's first walk.


You don't need to know where the footpaths lie to go for a walk in Germany - they're not shy of using signposts.

Bertie has also had his floors de-gritted, his cupboard handles polished amongst other 'housework'. Can't have him all dusty and dirty for his appointment tomorrow!

The pursuit that has taken up most of our day, however, has been chasing the shade around Bertie. We don't have a sun canopy, because it's not worth the money and weight penalty to carry around something that we are seldom in a position to use (our usual sorts of night-stops aren't such that it would be appropriate to be winding out a sunshade), so the best we can do is to huddle into whatever shade is being cast by Bertie's body.

2 comments:

  1. Still huge photos. They overlap onto your sideline information which can still be read, but it's worth it for the super size. When I take my car for service or other attention I tidy it up and clean it. I am probably wrong, but I reckon if it looks uncared for it is less likely to be trated wth respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why my photos have suddenly started to do this. Maybe I'll eventually find the errant setting.

      Call me house-proud, but I couldn't bear the thought of someone thinking that I let our floors get into the state they were in yesterday (it is amazing how much grit migrates onto Bertie's floor), but as I was cleaning the top of his cupboards, it did occur to me that it was highly unlikley that any technician was going to run a white-gloved hand over those areas and tut at a bit of grease and dust!

      Delete