Sunday 9 August 2020

Project Erica: Let's get stripping!

By Wednesday morning this week Eric(a) had been in our possession for a day and a half and it was time for a bit of activity; specifically, to start stripping out the rear.

There will be another post on this subject, with a written description of what we did and how it went, but in the meantime, here’s the video version (I condensed the whole day down into 8.5 minutes, but remember you can always speed it up using YouTube’s controls if you want):

 

A remarkably satisfactory first day!

5 comments:

  1. Well done. Very interesting. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll watch your conversion with interest, having got a bit bored with Eamon and Bec's! I admire your determination in solving all things technical. I drive a Prius and there are many YouTube videos about people who live in such a small space, so I might give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can safely say I'm in a different league to Eamon & Bec (me: local Sunday pub league; E&B Premier League)! However, it's an interesting learning curve with all this videoing and editing.

      Delete
  3. Suggest squirting some sealant into the hole with the oversize washer which would stop it rattling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An excellent solution. If I leave the washer in its wedged positoin, I will be able to shove the nozzle of the sealant cartridge through the hole and fill in below, thus ensuring it can't drop back down.

      Delete