Wednesday 8 February 2023

Monday - Wednesday 6-8 February - Xeraco

Where's Bertie? Somehow five nights have passed already and we're onto our final night at Xeraco Campers.
Weather: Wet.

The good news is that since my last post, the nights have warmed up considerably. The bad news is that the warmth is because of the cloud cover, and the days aren't much warmer than the nights.

I managed to get Mick's hair cut on Monday morning before the rain came around lunchtime, and when it came, my goodness, did it come. By evening Bertie had a moat and it was a veritable obstacle course of puddles, involving a small amount of unavoidable paddling, to get from Bertie to the campsite facilities.

Tuesday's weather forecast for Spain. Bertie is under the only raindrop on the entire map.

The rain has let up since, but only for short periods, but it also hasn't been as heavy, for so long, as it was on Monday.

Venturing out for a walk, I intended to use the track next to the campsite, but soon changed my mind.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that if we hadn't booked in here for 6 nights, we would have left on Monday, to seek sunshine elsewhere. That's the downside of making such a booking. The upside is that being plugged into the mains, we've had a really productive time workwise.

It's also been well timed that my shins spent Monday and Tuesday telling me quite vocally what they thought of my weekend actvities and suggesting that I needed to spend a couple of days doing almost nothing.

I ventured out again this morning for a run along the river, which didn't upset my shins (I didn't think it would; it was clearly the walking that had been the issue), but I did it in weather that was very British: heavy rain and a strong headwind on the outward leg.

Part of our justification for the expense for the campsite was that we would make good use of the facilities. On that basis, we should be on twelve hot showers between us by now. We're on four...

At least we've got all our electrical items fully charged (as long as we've remembered everything, which isn't guaranteed).

We've a big drive ahead of us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment